Monday 1 December 2014

DIY Christmas Themed Candle Holder - Blogmas Day 1

For my first blogmas post, I have a DIY Christmas Themed Candle Holder. This is really easy, and you can mix it up to make it more to your style. I am not a very crafty or DIY person and if I can do it, I'm sure you can.

You Will Need-

  • Glitter
  • Hairspray (make sure not in liquid form)
  • Febreez (optional) (make sure not in liquid form)
  • Jar
  • Stickers 





Step One-


The first step is to stick your stickers inside of your jar. I stuck mine randomly all over the jar.

 
 
Step Two- 

Next you're either going to take your Febreez or your hairspray and spray inside the jar all over. This will give a base for the glitter to stick.

Step Three-

Now put a lot of your glitter inside the jar. Then roll the jar around, spreading the glitter all over the jar. If the jar has a lid, Im sure putting the lid on and shaking it will do the job.

Step Four-

Now hairspray the jar again over the glitter, this will keep the glitter in place.

Step 5-

Wait. I left mine overnight and it had dried.

Ways to personalise your candle holder-


  • Peel the stickers off, to leave shapes for the light of the candle to shine through. I wasn't able to do this as my glitter wasn't fine enough, but if your glitter is fine then this is an option for you.
  • Different colour glitter
  • Different shaped stickers
  • Different shaped jars



I hope your like this start to Blogmas! I really enjoyed doing this DIY. Remember to follow, comment and all that jazz and I will talk to you tomorrow :)

Emi

No comments :

Post a Comment

I appreciate all your lovely comments, I will try and get back to you with them! xx