Thursday 4 December 2014

5 Ways to Make Your Room a Little More Christmassy - Blogmas Day 4

For today's Blogmas post, I thought I would do a little post on different ways to make your room look a little more Christmassy, without going full on out with the decorations.

1. Fairy Lights
Fairy lights can be hung up all year round, but they make your room look extra Christmassy at Christmas. These ones I got from Poundland, and I honestly can say that there are no faults with them. So just pop into your local pound/dollar store and pick up some fairy lights to make your room that extra Christmassy.

2. Hang Up Your Cards
I get a few Christmas cards around/before Christmas, and I just use them as a decoration. They're really cute to just put up on your dressing table and they obviously add much more of a Christmas feel to your room.

3. Pin Up Some Christmas Pictures
Whether its printed off pictures, magazine pictures or pictures from old Christmas cards - just cut them out and pin them to your cork board. Here I have just a Christmas calender type of thing, and some Autumn/Winter pictures pinned to my chalkboard and I feel like it adds a bit more of a seasonal theme to the room.

4. Display More Christmas Colours
It could be just a red and green file, or a red soft toy, or Christmassy nail varnishes -  just display more Christmas colours. It gives your room a feel of Christmas, without even noticing it. Maybe try some red, green and white blankets and pillows too.

5. Candles
Light some Christmas candles, they'll make your room smell and look Christmassy - 2 senses in one. If you're like me and arn't aloud to light candles in your room, then get some cheap LED candles (I got mine from Poundland) and just place them in your room or in your own DIY candle holder which you can see here to how to make.

I hope you enjoyed this post, I didn't really want to go full on out with the Christmas stuff this year as I find it really depressing taking everything down after Christmas but I thought these things could help you to make your room feel a little more Christmassy. Talk to you in tomorrows post.
Emi 

No comments :

Post a Comment

I appreciate all your lovely comments, I will try and get back to you with them! xx